This document serves as an instructional guide for creating Purchase Orders.
Purpose & Primary Usage
Create and manage Purchase Orders to track goods ordered from suppliers.
Enter Purchase Orders
Inventory :: Purchasing :: Enter Purchase Orders
Populate the fields on the Enter Purchase Orders screen to create a Purchase Order. Required fields on this screen are the Supplier Code, Bill To store, Ship To Store and Order Date.
Required fields are indicated with a solid bar at the beginning of the field.
These check boxes appear on the Purchase Order Header and serve as flags to notify the supplier of preferences.
Note: Not all suppliers will honor these options.
- Split Shipment-Allows items on a Purchase Order to ship separately as they become available.
- Backorder-Allows items on the Purchase Order that may be on backorder.
- Special Order-Indicate the Purchase Order is a special order.
- PO Closed-Used to cancel remaining backordered items (designed for use once the Purchase Order has been received).
When finished, click Save PO.
Purchase Order Screen Actions
Action buttons at the bottom of the screen will only become active when they are executable; generally once the user populates the required fields.
Once the initial Purchase Order is created, add product.
1. Click on the SKU Detail tab.
The SKU Detail tab allows you to add product to the Purchase Order.
2. Add product to the order in one of three ways:
- Use the LookUp tool.
- Enter a SKU number directly in the SKU List
- Click Add SKU to pull up the LookUp tool.
If using the LookUp tool, use the search fields to locate the SKU.
3. Click Select next to the SKU to add to the Purchase Order.
4. Once a SKU is selected, add the quantity (QT) to order in the size grid.
Note: Click the Show on Hand Qtys checkbox to see what is already in stock.
5. When finished, click Save SKU.
6. Edit the dollar amount in Receive At Cost.
7. Click Size Level Costs to change the price paid per size.
- To apply a Discount Percent to the size grid, enter the discount percent and click Apply Discount off Active Cost.
- Edit the price per size in the size grid.
- Click Apply Receive At Costs when finished.
8. Click Change Cost to open advanced pricing information. Changes made on this screen will update the Receive at Cost for the SKU for the specified period of time.
9. Edit the Cost, Start Date and End Date for the new price to be effective. Leave the End Date blank if the new pricing has no end date.
10. Click Change to save the cost.
11. Click Close Advanced Pricing when finished.
12. Click Change Price to open advanced pricing information. Changes made on this screen will update the Retail Price for the SKU for the specified period of time.
13. Edit the Cost, Start Date and End Date for the new price to be effective. Leave the End Date blank if the new pricing has no end date.
14. Click Change to save the cost.
15. Click Close Advanced Pricing when finished.
16. Once all SKU adjustments have been entered, click Save SKU before loading another SKU.
17. When finished on this tab, click Save PO.
To edit a SKU on the Purchase Order, select the SKU in the list and make changes to the size grid or pricing.
Click Save SKU when finished.
Click the SKU in the list to remove and click Delete SKU.
The following alert will appear. Click Yes to confirm deleting the SKU.
Save Purchase Order
Click Save PO periodically and when finished adding product to the order.
The Message Center will display a confirmation that the Purchase Order saved successfully.
Clear Purchase Order
Click Clear PO to clear all data from the current Purchase Order in progress.
Note: All work will be lost by executing this option.
The following alert will appear. Click Yes to confirm clearing the Purchase Order.
Duplicate Purchase Order
1. Click Duplicate PO to copy the current order and create a new Purchase Order.
2. At the following prompt, enter a New Purchase Order # to distinguish the copied Purchase Order. You can also specify a store or all stores in your organization where this Purchase Order will be available.
Delete Purchase Order
Click Delete PO to permanently delete the Purchase Order.
Note: Purchase Orders that are deleted can NOT be reported on for future reference.
At the following prompt, type the word Delete in the field provided to confirm deleting the Purchase Order. Then click Delete Purchase Order.
The Message Center will display confirmation of the deleted Purchase Order.
Print and Clear
1. Click Print and View to save the Purchase Order and clear the screen for a new Purchase Order to be entered.
2. A PDF file of the Purchase Order created is available for download through the Report History screen.
Print and View
1. Click Print and View to save the Purchase Order.
2. A PDF file of the Purchase Order will automatically generate and is also available through the Report History screen.
A user may need to return to the Enter Purchase Orders screen to edit or change the Purchase Order.
In addition, a retailer will select the PO Closed check box to cancel all remaining backorders.
Purchase Order Reports
Reporting :: Inventory/Purchase Orders
Reports are available to assist with current buying trends and tracking inventory purchases.
The Purchase Orders Report gives a broad overview of Purchase Orders created within RICS including; the original amount ordered, the amount received, and the open balance.
The Open POs by Month report allows users to view what and when orders are due to be received over the next 12 months. Data can be grouped by Supplier or by Class.