If you have a SKU that has an incorrect grid associated with it, you will not be able to change the grid if there are any inventory transactions against the SKU. If you have a SKU that needs a new grid, but has inventory transactions preventing the grid from being changed you will need to:
Create the New SKU with the correct grid.
- Load the wrong grid SKU on the Manage SKU page
- Edit the SKU name appending old at the end
- Save and copy the SKU
- Enter the original SKU name as the name of the new SKU
- Update the grids to the correct grids
- Save the new SKU
Merge the Old SKU with incorrect grid into New SKU with correct grid.
- Navigate to Inventory:: Stock Maintenance:: Merge SKUs
- Choose the SKU selection method and click Next
- Enter the Old SKU as the 'SKU to merge' and the new SKU with the correct grid as the 'SKU to merge into' and click Next
- Map the old SKUs grid values to the corresponding new SKUs grid values and press Merge SKUs
- Check your Report History to view the Merge SKU report that will verify that everything merged successfully