The RICS Manage Gift Card feature enables retailers to adjust or deactivate a gift card through the RICS Back Office after a gift card is sold through the RICS POS or created via the Import Gift Card feature.
This document is a resource for retailers to understand how to:
• Edit a Gift Card
EDIT A GIFT CARD
Follow the steps below to edit a gift card.
1. In the RICS Back Office, go to Customer :: Gift Cards :: Manage Gift Card
2. To select a gift card, enter or search for a gift card in the Gift Card Number field
Note: After a gift card is selected, the gift card details and transaction history will display.
Gift Card Details:
Gift Card Transaction History:
3. Use the Type dropdown menu to select how a gift card will be edited
Adjustment – Select to increase or decrease a gift card’s current balance.
Escheat – Select to increase or decrease a gift card’s current balance due to a transfer of property from one individual to another.
Note: If the gift card is present, a transfer is not necessary.
Revenue – Select to increase a gift card’s current balance.
Credit – Select to decrease a gift card’s current balance.
Deactivate – Select to decrease a gift card’s current balance and deactivate the gift card.
4. Enter a positive or negative value in the Amount field
Negative Value: Enter a negative value if Credit or Deactivate is selected.
Positive Value – Enter a positive value if Revenue is selected.
Negative or Positive Value – Enter a negative or positive value as needed, if Adjustment or Escheat is selected.
5. Enter a comment explaining the adjustment in the Comment field
6. Click Save