The validation file allows retailers to validate the UPCs they are scanning as they scan them with the Datalogic Memor. This article walks retailers through how to:
- Create the Validation File
- Upload the Validation File to the Datalogic Memor
- Initialize the Validation File on the Datalogic Memor
Create the Validation File
- In RICS Enterprise go to the store from which the inventory is being done.
- Go to Inventory::Physical Inventory::Enter Physical Counts.
- Look at the bottom of the page and select the ‘Export RGIS File.’
- On the Save dialog, select Save
- Select Open folder or go to the folder in which it was saved.
- Rename the file to valid.csv
Note: you may have to right click and go to properties to make the change to the extension from ‘.txt’ to ‘.csv’
Upload the Validation File to the Datalogic Memor
- Connect the Datalogic reader to the computer in which you have created this file.
- Wait for the Windows Mobile Device Center to appear and verify the status is 'Connected.'
- In the Windows Mobile Device Center, select the ‘Connect without setting up your device’ button.
- On the next page, select the ‘File Management’ > ‘Browse contents of your device.’
- A folder explorer window will show folders, select the ‘Backup > RICS > Data’ and copy the file ‘valid.csv’ to this folder.
Initialize the Validation File on the Datalogic Memor
Note: The Datalogic reader has to be at the ‘Start Inventory’ screen in order for the reader to upload the file. In this state there is no inventory (UPC) on the reader and the reader is not in the middle of a Store Inventory.
Note: This part of the process can take upwards of 30 minutes to complete depending on how many SKUs are in the store’s inventory.
Note: This is the part of the process where the Datalogic reader has to be at the ‘Start Inventory’ screen in order for the reader to upload the file. In this state there is no inventory (UPC) on the reader and the reader is *NOT* in the middle of a Store Inventory.
- On the Datalogic reader, enter the Store Number and select the ‘Start Inventory’ button.
- If the ‘valid.csv’ file is present in the data folder of the device, the device will prompt for a choice:
- ‘YES – IMPORT NOW’
- Will create a database on the device with contents of the valid.csv file.
- This can take upwards of 30 minutes.
- ‘NO – KEEP EXISTING FILE’
- Will keep the previous database from the last time the valid.csv file was imported.
- Select if you want to continue with an inventory after UPCs have been uploaded.
- Will take you right back to taking inventory.
- ‘DO NOT VALIDATE BARCODES’
- Will not upload the data in valid.csv
- Will delete any created database from previous valid.csv imports.
- Will effectively turn off Validation.
- The valid.csv file will need to be loaded back on the device.