In RICS Enterprise, there is a setting called the “Void Window” that determines how long a sale is available in RICS to be voided after being rung at the POS. However, this setting is used for more than just voids, and has other implications in the system.
There is a configuration setting available in RICS to set the void window. Possible values are:
- 1 Day
- 1 Week
- 1 Month
- 1st of Prev. Month (default)
RICS Support can change this setting upon request to control how long the window is.
The following functions are affected by the void window:
- Sales cannot be voided if they are older than the configuration
- Sales cannot be edited (to change the Salesperson or comments) if they are older than the configuration
- Web Order shipments cannot be voided if they are older than the configuration
- POS transactions cannot be back-dated to be earlier than the configuration
- Pending Orders being edited on the POS cannot be back-dated to be earlier than the configuration
- Non-Sellable Batches cannot be un-shipped if they are older than the configuration
- Products may not be deleted if they have sales within the void window
- Product features (sizes) may not be masked if they have sales within the void window
In addition, the system will delete Sales and Batches from RICS once the Sale Date of the sale (or the End Date of the batch) is past the void window.