CREATE A CUSTOMER
Follow the steps below to create a customer within RICS Back Office.
1. In the RICS Back Office, go to Customer :: Customer :: Manage Customer
2. Enter up to a thirty-two character alphanumeric customer account number in the Account Number field
3. Select or enter a Title, First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name and/or Gender in the corresponding fields
Note: The Full Name field will autofill with the information entered in Step 3 but can be modified as needed.
4. If necessary and available, select or enter an A/R Post To account number and a Frequent Buyer Program in the corresponding fields
A/R Post To – To enter an A/R Post To account number, the store must have A/R set up within A/R :: A/R Setup and the customer must be established as an A/R Customer within A/R :: Enter A/R Customers.
Frequent Buyer Program – To select a frequent buyer program, the store must have a frequent buyer program created within Setup :: Manage Frequent Buyerand enabled within the store.
5. Select or enter an Address Type, Address, City/State, Postal and/or Country code in the corresponding fields
6. Enter an Email and/or Phone Number in the corresponding fields
Email – Enter up to a sixty-four character alphanumeric email address.
Phone Number – Enter up to a twenty digit phone number.
7. If necessary, select or enter the following optional customer account options in the corresponding fields
Comment – Enter a comment to display when the customer is loaded in the RICS Back Office or at the RICS POS.
Credit Limit – Enter a dollar limit the customer has available for use at the RICS POS.
Charge Balance – Enter the current balance the customer owes the store.
Store Credit Balance – Enter the current balance the store owes the customer.
Frequent Buyer Qty – Enter the purchased quantity accumulated towards a frequent buyer reward plan.
Frequent Buyer Amt – Enter the purchased amount accumulated towards a frequent buyer reward plan.
Tax Exempt – Select to set an account as non-taxed for all transactions processed through the RICS POS.
Tax Exempt ID – Enter up to a thirty-two character alphanumeric Tax ID.
Birth Date – Enter a customer’s birth date in MM/DD format.
Alert – Enter an alert message to automatically alert a cashier when the customer is loaded in the RICS Back Office or at the RICS POS.
8. If necessary, enter a Custom Entry, Custom Attribute, Parent and/or Child Relationship in the corresponding fields
Custom Entries – Select or enter any customer custom entries.
Custom Attributes – Enter custom text to display when the customer is loaded in the RICS Back Office or at the RICS POS.
Parent/Child Relationships – Enter a customer account number in the corresponding field to associate the created customer with another customer within RICS.
9. Click Save