Customers using RICS>Pay have the option to allow Partial Authorization which will enable transactions to be approved if full payment cannot be collected from a single card. This most often applies to transactions where a customer uses a prepaid gift card with an unknown balance.
Follow the steps below to enable Partial Authorization for the RICS>POS:
- Login to the RICS Back Office
- Navigate to Setup :: Manage Store :: Setup Settings
- Enter your RICS Store Number; Click ‘LookUp’
- Click ‘POS Credit Card Processing’
- Check the box next to ‘Allow Partial Authorization’
Note 1: The dropdown next to this checkbox should default to ‘Yes’.
Note 2: When Allow Partial Authorization is set to ‘Yes’, if a card is processed that does not have sufficient funds to complete a transaction, the cashier will be prompted to select an additional tender to complete the sale.
Note 3: When Allow Partial Authorization is set to ‘No’, if a card is processed that does not have sufficient funds to complete a transaction, the transaction will be declined.
- Click ‘Save’; lower left of page