The RICS>Pay Virtual Terminal enables retailers to process credit card sale transactions manually in the RICS>POS. This feature has been designed primarily to provide an additional processing option if the card present network experiences an issue.
This document is a resource for retailers to:
USE THE VIRTUAL TERMINAL IN RICS>POS
1. Select a ‘Cashier’ from the ‘Ticket Header’ tab
2. Enter a customer account number into the ‘Customer’ field, or use the magnifying glass to lookup a customer
3. Navigate to the ‘Ticket Detail’ tab to scan or manually enter an item
4. Navigate to the ‘Ticket Payment’ tab
5. Select a credit card tender
6. Click ‘RICS>Pay Virtual Terminal’
Note: After clicking ‘RICS>Pay Virtual Terminal’, a new window will open in the RICS>POS.
7. Enter the card information; all fields are required
8. Click ‘Ok’
Note: The transaction will complete, a receipt will print, and the cashier will be taken to the Ticket Header tab to begin a new transaction.
UPDATE VIRTUAL TERMINAL SETTING
1. Login to the RICS Back Office
2. Navigate to Setup :: Manage Store :: Setup Settings
3. Enter your RICS Store Number; Click ‘LookUp’
4. Click ‘POS Credit Card Processing’
5. Click the checkbox next to ‘Enable Virtual Terminal’
6. Select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ in the dropdown
Note: If ‘No’ is selected in this dropdown, the Virtual Terminal will NOT be enabled.
7. Click ‘Save’