Merchants using RICS>Pay have the ability to split payment for a transaction across multiple credit cards or pre-paid gift cards using the steps outlined below.
1. Select a ‘Cashier’ from the ‘Ticket Header’ tab
2. Enter a customer account number into the ‘Customer’ field, or use the magnifying glass to lookup a customer
3. Navigate to the ‘Ticket Detail’ tab to scan or manually enter an item
4. Navigate to the ‘Ticket Payment’ tab
5. Select a credit card tender
6. Select a second credit card tender from the next ‘Tender’ dropdown
7. Click 'End Sale'
8. Customer will be prompted to insert, tap, or slide for the first designated amount
9. Customer will complete payment on the cloud terminal
10. Customer will be prompted to insert, tap, or slide for the second designated amount
11. Customer will complete payment on the cloud terminal
Note 1: If any attempt to process a partial payment is cancelled or times out, the following message will display on the RICS>POS.
Note 2: If an attempt to process a second partial payment fails for any reason, the message below will display. If the cashier clicks ‘Cancel’ they will receive the following message, indicating the first payment will need to be manually voided in MerchantTrack.
How to Void A Split Payment Transaction