Merchants using RICS>Pay have the ability to split payment for a transaction across multiple credit cards or pre-paid gift cards using the steps outlined below. (Please see the Additional Notes section at the bottom of this article for more details about how credit and debit card payments are captured through this process.)
1. Select a ‘Cashier’ from the ‘Ticket Header’ tab
2. Enter a customer account number into the ‘Customer’ field, or use the magnifying glass to lookup a customer
3. Navigate to the ‘Ticket Detail’ tab to scan or manually enter an item
4. Navigate to the ‘Ticket Payment’ tab
5. Select a credit card tender
6. Select a second credit card tender from the next ‘Tender’ dropdown
7. Click 'End Sale'
8. Customer will be prompted to insert, tap, or slide for the first designated amount
9. Customer will complete payment on the cloud terminal
10. Customer will be prompted to insert, tap, or slide for the second designated amount
11. Customer will complete payment on the cloud terminal
- Payments made with a credit card tender are authorized through the pin pad and captured once the transaction has completed at the POS. This means if a credit card is used for a split payment but the transaction is canceled for any reason prior to completion, the payment is not taken and no action is needed to void the payment in MerchantTrack.
- Payments made with a debit card tender are authorized and captured through the pin pad prior to the transaction being completed. This means if a debit card is used for a split payment but the transaction is canceled for any reason prior to completion, the payment is taken and will need to be voided in MerchantTrack.
- If any attempt to process a split payment is cancelled, times out, or fails, the following message will display on the RICS>POS.