Unlinked refunds are used to process a refund to a credit card not used on a prior RICS>Pay transaction. This ability is enabled for all RICS>Pay customers for the first 180 days after being boarded.
Note: The window to process unlinked refunds after boarding to RICS>Pay can be extended upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call support with the store name and RICS account number along with the owner of the store's name and email address to extend the window for processing unlinked refunds indefinitely.
Follow the steps below to process an unlinked refund using RICS>Pay.
1. Select a ‘Cashier’ from the ‘Ticket Header’ tab
2. Enter a customer account number into the ‘Customer’ field, or use the magnifying glass to lookup a customer
3. Navigate to the 'Ticket Detail' tab
4. Select ‘Return’ in the ‘Transaction Type’ dropdown
5. Scan or manually enter returned item(s)
6. Navigate to the ‘Ticket Payment’ tab
7. Select a credit card tender from the ‘Tender’ dropdown
8. Click 'End Sale'
9. Customer will be prompted to insert, tap, or swipe to complete payment on the cloud terminal
10. After payment completion, the RICS>POS will print a receipt and move back to the ‘Ticket Header’ tab