RICS>Pay customers have the option to select from several different pin pad terminals to use in their stores. The purpose of this guide is to show how to install the Ingenico Link/2500 and troubleshoot common installation issues.
1. Open the box containing the pin pad terminal and remove all hardware (2 Pieces)
1) Pin Pad Terminal, 2) Power Cord
2. Plug the Power Cord into an available wall outlet or power strip
3. Lift the rubber flap on the right side of the Pin Pad Terminal and plug in the Power Cord
4. Wait for the terminal to boot to the triPOS screen
5. Quickly press 0-0-0-1 on the keypad to open the Admin Menu
6. Use the F3 key to scroll down to 2-WIFI Parameters; press the green key to select
7. Use the F3 key to scroll down to 2-Scan Networks; press the green key to select
8. Use the F3 key to scroll down to the correct network name; press the green key to select
9. Use the keypad to type the case sensitive network password or use the 'F' keys to use the on-screen keyboard
- (F1) - scrolls left
- (F2) - scrolls up
- (F3) - scrolls down
- (F4) - scrolls right
Note 1: When using the on-screen keyboard, press the green key to select a character or press the yellow key to delete a character. Pressing the red key will take you back to the previous screen.
Note 2: If using the keypad for typing, press a key multiple times to select the appropriate character. For example, press '2' twice to type 'a', three times to type 'b', or four times to type 'c'.
Note 3: To type special characters using on-screen keyboard, use the 'F' keys to scroll to the lower left corner of the screen or tap the '#$%' option. By using the keypad, press the '.,#*' key until the correct character is located.
10. Use the 'F' keys to move the cursor to the green dot at the lower left of the screen then press the green key to save
11. The device will show "New Profile OK" and will return to the triPOS screen where you will see the green internet signal at the top left
Note: If you are not redirected to the triPOS screen, press the red key.
11. Press and hold the '#' and yellow keys to reboot the terminal
12. Stop and contact RICS Support when the pin pad screen displays an activation code
REMOVE TERMINAL FROM NETWORK
Note: The terminal must be out of the network range to be removed from network
1. Quickly press 0-0-0-1 on the keypad to access the Admin Menu
2. Use the F3 key to scroll down to 2-WIFI Parameters; press the green key to select
3. Use the F3 key to scroll to 3-My Networks; press the green key to select
4. Use the F3 key to scroll to Delete All; press the green key to select
5. A 'Remove Profile OK' prompt will appear indicating all networks have been removed from terminal
Note: To test if terminal is connected to network, press 0-0-0-1. If the terminal does not respond, it is connected to a network. If the terminal enters the Admin Menu, it is not connected to a network.