Below are the steps to follow if you are having trouble uploading from a Datalogic portable reader.
- When navigating to the Upload Physical Inventory page, are you prompted to Download RICS Link? If yes, proceed to step two. No, proceed to step five.
- Click Download RICS Link. Run the downloaded file. After the file has installed, restart the web browser.
- Go back to the Upload Physical Inventory page and try to upload again.
- If you are able to upload, no additional action is necessary. If unable to upload, continue with step five.
- Click on Windows Start button, click Settings, then either About, or System then About.
- Note the System type (32-bit or 64-bit) and Windows Version
- Using the System type from step six, download and install the appropriate version of the Windows Mobile Device Center below.
- After installing the Windows Mobile Device Center, restart the computer. If installation was successful, the screen shown below should appear when the Datalogic is powered on and connected to the computer. If this screen does not appear, proceed to step 10.
- Click the Windows Mobile Device Center window and click connect without setting up. After that, login to RICS and try uploading from the device.
- If the Windows Mobile Device Center will not open after downloading and installing it, you will need to enter two registry commands. Follow Steps A-E to complete that process:
- Click the Windows Start Menu, and search for the Command Prompt
- Right-Click on the Command Prompt application, and choose Run as Administrator
- Copy the command below and paste it into the Command Prompt, then press Enter
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RapiMgr /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
- Repeat for the second command below
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WcesComm /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
- Restart the computer
- Log into the back office and attempt to Upload from Reader. If you receive an error message “Cannot find file on device,” proceed to step 12 to manually capture the file.
- From the Windows Mobile Device Center, click Connect Without Setting Up your device, then click on File Management, and Browse the contents of your device.
- Navigate to the Backup Folder, then RICS, then Data.
- Copy the file to your desktop, then go back into RICS. Click Reset, then Browse for the file on your computer and click Upload File
- The file will upload and you can continue the inventory process.