Below are the steps to follow if you are having trouble uploading from a Datalogic portable reader.
RICS Link continuously prompting to be installed
- Follow the Steps from the RICS Link Troubleshooting Guide
- Go back to the Upload Physical Inventory page and try to upload again.
Windows Mobile Device Center not coming up when the Datalogic Memor is plugged into the computer
The Windows Mobile Device Center should pop up as seen above when the Datalogic Memor is on and plugged into the computer via USB. If the Windows Mobile Device Center doesn't come up, follow the steps below to troubleshoot.
- Search in your Start Menu for the Windows Mobile Device Center
- If you do not see the application installed on your computer, follow the steps from our guide on installing the Windows Mobile Device Center
- If you have Windows 10, and see the Windows Mobile Device Center in the Start Menu, but it doesn't open when you select it, follow the steps from our guide on fixing the Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 10
Manually Taking the inventory file off of the Datalogic Memor to upload
- From the Windows Mobile Device Center, click Connect Without Setting Up your device, then click on File Management, and Browse the contents of your device.
- Navigate to the Backup Folder, then RICS, then Data.
- Copy the file to your desktop, then go back into RICS. Click Reset, then Browse for the file on your computer and click Upload File
- The file will upload and you can continue the inventory process.